Glad you’ve found my blog!
Here’s a bit of background information.
Technically, I am an author, consultant, and resource to leaders. My “job” – so to speak – is helping leaders build a culture focused on results, relationships, and accountability. Fortunately, that is also something I enjoy since I’ve been at it for over twenty years.
The conceptual and theoretical aspects of leadership and delivering results are interesting, but I always look for application in the real world. I am – fist and foremost – someone who helps people identify and implement solutions.
My personal journey has taken me from being a locker room attendant at a municipal swimming pool to consulting in the Board rooms of corporate America.
Along the way, I’ve been a…
- senior executive in a start-up mental health facility;
- HR professional in a 25,000 employee government agency;
- recreation therapist in a psychiatric hospital;
- CFO of a multi-million dollar professional services firm;
- tire and appliance salesman;
- Chairman of the Board for a $17 million dollar non-profit and multi-million dollar foundation;
- entrepreneur; and
- professional musician at Six Flags Over Texas.
Lately, I’ve been busy as…
- President, Pennington Performance Group
- Author of On My Honor, I Will and Results Rule!
- Creator of INTEGRITY-DRIVEN® Leadership
- Creator of POSITIVE PERFORMANCE® Management
- Commentator for media including The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Executive Excellence, on CNN, Fox News, the BBC, the ABC radio network, various local radio and TV stations in the US
- Author of over 500 published articles in leading business and trade journals
- Adjunct instructor in the Cox Business Leadership Center at Southern Methodist University and winner of numerous Excellence in Teaching awards